I have an idea or question...

Please update NHL playoff formulas

I think your NHL Playoff matchups haven't been updated for the change in format. Tampa Bay for example shows three Metropolitan opponents as being most likely. Pittsburgh is the only real possibility as a Metropolitan opponent I would think but it's not one of the three. Montreal and Toronto are the likeliest opponents.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rory.Rory. shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

This is most obvious looking at a given division, say, the Atlantic Division. We can see that the %s for finishing in 2nd in the division adds up to greater than 100%!

• DaveDave commented  · 

I agree. With the new playoff format, far and away the most likely opponents for Toronto will be Montreal or Tampa Bay. If Leafs finish 7th or 8th they will play Boston or Pittsburgh. I don't see any way they will play Columbus, New York, Philadelphia, or Washington unless one of these teams miraculously overtakes Pittsburgh - yet they show higher probabilities for the Leafs than Montreal or Tampa Bay ... What gives ?
        I like your site, but this whole section is useless unless you update the playoff format

Feedback and Knowledge Base